Web Application Developer
Ascedia is seeking a creative full stack .NET developer with 3-5 years of experience to add to our development team. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to showcase your skills in a team-collaborative environment on projects large and small.
- Are you an ASP.NET C# aficionado?
- Do you enjoy new challenges and a variety of projects?
- Do you juggle?
- Would you like to have Friday afternoons off in the summer?
If you answered yes to at least three of these questions, then Ascedia may be the place for you.
Interested? Read more about the position below and send us your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
You will be responsible for writing well-defined code adhering to established standards of quality for documentation and coding. During your day you will be working with cross functional groups and are expected to communicate effectively with individuals from different technical backgrounds. It will be important that you identify and communicate issues and problems that arise. Some days you will be working independently while other days you may be working with several team members and your ability to adapt to this will be key to your success. Your work will range from small maintenance items, mid-sized projects that could take 4-6 weeks, to large-scale projects spanning multiple months. You will be expected to embrace working in an engaging, fast-paced, results-oriented culture.
- Build and maintain web-based applications based on the strategic approach defined by the team to meet the client needs and specifications
- Work to learn more about existing code and programming methods used at Ascedia
- Strong desire to commit the time necessary to hone one’s skills in a variety of existing and emerging technologies
- Communicate with development team, project managers, or the Director of Technology regarding questions, problems, scope changes, and task time overruns
- 3-5 years of experience with development in C#, the .NET framework
- Strong understanding of MVC and SQL
- Solid understanding of HTML and CSS (Bootstrap)
- Previous experience with CMS development (Kentico, Sitecore, Umbraco, etc.) is considered a plus
- Knowledge of deploying products in Azure environment is highly desirable
- Excellent organizational, time and self-management skills
- You are a strategic thinker; you take ownership of issues, moving between diverse tasks with cooperation and persistence to motivate and bring out the best in those around you
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in ASP.NET development using C# and MVC
- Ability to work with an agile mindset when needed
- Occasional client engagement; must be able to present ideas for solutions to clients and internal project members
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related discipline is preferred
- Work under the guidance and oversight of Director of Technology
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account Available
- Flexible Spending Account Available
- 401(k) Program with Employer Match
- Casual Dress
- Open Environment
- Summer Hours
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Community Volunteering Opportunities
- And More!